Ella's canker sores are healed. I hope that is not a regular thing for her- she was really really miserable.
Thomas is crawling-not quickly, but definitely making ground.
My family is in town and we have been having a great time with everyone.
There is SNOW!!!!
I surprised Chad Friday night, with part of his Christmas present. I found a package deal on the internet for one night at a hotel, two movie tickets and $30.00 toward dinner for a good price. I bought us both new clothes- and when my parents got here Friday afternoon I gave Chad his clothes, and we headed to Boise ALONE. It was nice. We had a great dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and were going to go to a movie, but once we got back to the hotel, we decided to stay there and just buy a movie. THEN, we decided that we probably couldn't stay awake through a movie- so we just watched cable tv (a bit of a treat since we don't have it at home) and went to sleep at 10. We are old. We don't care. It was really nice to have no monitors to listen for- and to know that I could choose when I wanted to get out bed in the morning. We slept in until 8:30- had a good breakfast and then met up with my sisters.
The guys went and played pool, and the girls shopped. Our family decided to buy gifts for another family at church, so that is what we shopped for. That night, all of us, and my friend Marylu, went to dinner and then to a local Botanical garden that is decorated each winter with TONS of Christmas lights. It was so neat- AND it was snowing! Perfection. Ella sat on Santa's lap in her puffy pink snowsuit- stone-faced and stiff. Thomas road in the backpack bundled up in his snowsuit and hat, taking it all in without a peep. We stopped at the fire barrels from time to time, watched carolers, snapped pictures and drank hot chocolate. It was great. A new tradition I hope.
I completely finished my shopping today, bought groceries and wrapped the last of my presents. The kitchen counter is cluttered with sweet treats. The house is cluttered with gifts, coats, shoes, toys, cameras, etc. It feels the way Christmas should. Tomorrow will be a fun day of games, crafts, eating, eating, eating, eating and opening gifts. Hopefully a nap too- Enjoy the next few days- see you on the other side of Christmas ----
3 comments:
every single bit sounds divine. what a wonderful, wonderful weekend and week to come.
Merry Christmas, dear cousin!
Sounds perfect!
Merry Christmas!
Absolutely perfect. Have a wonderful time! And you don't have to travel - how great is that.
Post a Comment