1.24.2008

Come back Binkie Fairy!!

It is not going well. The girl has no idea how to put herself to sleep without her binkie. We should have had the binkie fairy visit a long time ago. After last night, we decided to take Thomas' too. He has already adjusted. Ella is in the depth of despair. I feel like a crummy Momma. Tonight is shaping up to be no better than last night- even with the Strawberry Shortcake nightlight I found at the Dollar Store today. Sigh. This is just the first of many heartaches I will have to endure with my sweet girl. Thanks for all the comments- I KNEW I had readers!!

6 comments:

tjsing said...

I love your blog! Such honest family fun (most of the time!). Good luck with the binkie...I still miss mine sometimes! Jess

Kendra said...

Hang in there Amanda, she will adjust and you are NOT a bad Mom, even when she gets old enough to tell you she doesn't like you (which happens long before they are teenagers!), you're still a GREAT mom!

Maine Mom said...

When we finally took my oldest daughter's binkie away at age 3, we had to get rid of her 1 year old sister's binkie too. It probably is better to get rid of the binkie early, but we can't seem to do it until age 2 or older. It is so much easier to put our children to bed with a binkie! I hope things get easier there soon at bedtime.

lifeinsuburbia said...

Hang in there. Seriously. It's rough for the first few weeks. Plenty of tears. Good Luck! And way to go on taking Thomas' too!

KarenK said...

You're not a bad mom!!! Your dental bill will thank you later.

Maybe she'd like a sippy cup and a tiny snack to take with her to bed to take her mind off of the missing link? Regardless, it will get better. We all promise!

Dawn said...

Hang in there! You are a GREAT mom!