1.21.2008

Monday Musings

We went to the mountains this weekend with some friends from college. Last year, when we did the same, we came home a day early, because Ella was sick. This year, we came home a day early because Thomas was sick- and something was going on with Ella too- not sure what. She's had a fever, chills, and has asked to go to sleep randomly during the day. Our family slept in the same room, which made for very little rest with two sick-ish kids who kept waking each other up. Ella would scream, Thomas would mimic her, and the fun would begin! It actually was a fun couple days, before we left. There was lots of snow to play in and it was fun just being with friends. Next year, we WILL stay the whole weekend-

I took Thomas to his doctor this morning. He has an ear infection, bad diaper rash and one new tooth popped through yesterday. That is alot for a little 11 month old body to take. He is protesting.

I am down to two weeks left of babysitting. I am planning to enroll Ella in gymnastics when I am finished watching kids. I think she will love it and it will be fun to watch her. I also want to do swimming lessons- there is a Mommy and Me type swimming class at our Rec Center- I thought it would be fun to enroll both the kids- and Chad could go with us. I think it is primarily just to get the kids more comfortable with water. It could be a fun family activity for a few weeks.

So, a new week, same story- lots of laundry, a schedule to arrange, babysitters to call, family to feed, house to clean, diapers/pull-ups/pretty pony underwear to change, Bible to read, eye brows to pluck, plants to water . . .sigh- at least I know I am not alone.

P.S (news that only family is really interested in ) Thomas started waving goodbye- and is pulling up on anything he can get his fat little hands on.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Sorry to hear about sick kids, thats no fun at all! I'm excited for you to be able to do fun things with your kids again during the day--like gymnastics. You'll (and they'll) love it! :-)
And no, you definitely are not alone in all that laundry, dinner, pull ups! I'm right there with ya. Its hard work, but it sure is worth it!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a tough time for the kiddoes! Poor little Thomas!

Karen and fam were in the mountains, too - were you in the same group?