The word that I hear the most is "What??!!!" After the initial shock- we get loads of support. Each day it gets more real and the losses we are facing become less avoidable. Our hearts are tender, and we are feeling the small little stings of loss each day.
Chad and I are headed to K-town today and will stay overnight in search of a place to live. One of my best friends, Jana, offered to come and stay with our kids, which is a great gift and huge relief. Seriously- I do not know how people function without friends. I guess what I really mean is true friendships.
I am sure, as I write about this journey, there will be sad posts, desperate posts, mad posts, hopeful posts, happy posts, grateful posts-lots of feelings. I am glad to have a place to reflect and share.
I am taking the camera so I can post some pictures of the area when we come back tomorrow! Anticipate snowy scenes!
4 comments:
When I was growing up, we moved a lot. I don't know how much Chad has ever told you about my growing up years (wouldn't really expect him to). Since my Dad was a minister, we moved frequently. I have strong memories of the good-byes and the fears of being forgotten. It's a legitimate fear. As a child, it comes in the form of just not wanting to leave and crying over lost friendships. As an older child (teenager) it was very difficult to say good-bye because I KNEW I would be forgotten. But the beauty I can see now is, that I have gained more friendships from moving than I ever realized. I have even hooked up with many of them years later and no, I was not forgotten. You imprint yourself in someone's life and they don't forget you.
And there is something else my Mom told me a few years ago. We were talking about all the moving and I said I could honestly say that I don't remember the moves causing terrible disruption in our family. Mom said it was because she knew if she could make home HOME, then all else would fall into place. This isn't something you've mentioned yet, but remember that no matter where you live, if home is the place of centering, of protection and of joy, then it doesn't matter where you live....because everywhere will be home.
I don't know if that's helpful or not. I'm excited for you two. I think it's a great opportunity!
I am so excited for you guys, but can feel the sadness of leaving this great group of friends you have had. I moved so many times as a kid that it's been strange to live in the same house for almost 28 years!! But wherever Mom was and set up the place we lived, it was home.
I will be anxious to see pictures, and to hear what the town is like - church, shopping, etc.
I'm re-living our big move as I read your posts. I couldn't have said it better myself and although it's tough to move away from what you know, we've found the rewards to be amazing:)
can't wait to see pics! you guys have made such a great, true, lasting friendships there-there is NO way anyone would forget you.
Post a Comment