2.11.2008

Pictures-as promised!

This is where we will call home beginning in March! It is actually the first place we looked at. The lady who owns it is a cute little spunky lady- who has to be at least 75, named Moyra. I told Chad I wanted the place- just because she was part of it! It has three bedroom and a 2 car garage. We can take the cats, and she isn't charging us a pet deposit. The back yard runs into a grassy community area. It will be quite cozy. I am still working through that one in my mind. We are cutting our space by at least 1/2. It will be a fun challenge to get the place put together and organized and figure out how to use the space efficiently. Please still come to visit- we WILL figure out where to sleep guests! This is a picture of the deck and backyard- I have no idea, obviously, what the yard looks like, but from our conversation with Moyra- I am confident it will be nice. Here are some pictures giving you an idea of the scenery- that will be all around us-That is a house behind and under all that snow!I took this on our drive home. The hills were so shiny in the sunshine!This truck was in a parking lot and made us laugh- This is Chad standing on the bike path that connect four towns in the area. This is really close to where we will be- about 2 block down the road! While we were there we visited the YMCA, which was recently build. It is beautiful. We are excited about being able to use that. The house is 2 miles out of K-town, so Chad should have a 10-15 minute drive to work. The YMCA is there as well, and we can use the bike path in the summer to get there! SO- now we REALLY need to sell our house here. Chad will begin work on the 19th. It is good that he has a place to live for the two weeks he is there alone. He could've stayed with someone- but it will be helpful to have him there- so he can take measurements, etc. before we all get there. This is going SO STINKIN' QUICK. It was only the middle of January that Chad found the job online- he was looking out of curiosity more than anything. We had NO intention of leaving- and now, a month later- we have secured a little house and are making plans to go. CRAZY ! ! ! !

7 comments:

Korri said...

Well, you finally got me to do it. I am COMMENTING! I figure I had better sign up now, since I will not be able to always see you on Wednesday nights. (Bummer) We will miss you very much, Amanda....more than either of us know right now, I think.
Well, your little home looks adorable and your view is incredible! I am envious of the wonderful little bike path! Scott and I will come up this summer and pitch a tent in your backyard! HA! Of course, we will have the kids, but we have a very big tent! :) (Us having kids is still so hard to imagine)

Please call on us for some babysitting duties before you go. If you want, I can give you my basketball schedule so you know what nights I won't be working. We would love to help out any way we can. Especially while you are packing some Saturday morning and just need to be on your own for a few hours, or sometime when Chad is gone and it is a weeknight and you need to get some time alone. Please call us!
We love you! Korri (& Scott)

Sherry said...

I love it! The look of the house is so mountainy...if that makes sense. We are really excited for you guys! Luke is quite jealous!

someone else said...

I'm so glad your house-hunting trip was successful. The setting is sooooo beautiful and I wish you all the best of luck and joy in your new place.

tjsing said...

Wow! I had no idea! What a great adventure for you! I am assuming that K-twon is Ketchum? What a beautiful place to go. I can definitely relate to your worries about being forgotten! I still struggle with it a bit but so many new people and experiences come along that you learn to forget the doubts and trust that God has you where he wants you for that season of life. I will be praying for you guys in this time of transition. God Bless, Jessica

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to visit. God is so good. It seems like everything is falling into place.

Dawn said...

That's a lot of snow!! I know you will make it into a lovely home. Sure would love to visit!

Praying that God will make the next step happen just right - the same of your house!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were able to find a nice place to live on this new adventure in your lives. Good luck selling your house, getting ready for the big move, and having your husband start a new job.