4.17.2008

Spring's sprouting!

God's creation is amazing. This is a flower we picked from the yard this afternoon. It is so tiny and yet so intricate! God did not have to make things so pretty and unique. But he did, for us to enjoy! I heard or read once that nature is God's way of romancing us. That resonated with me. What do you suppose Thomas is so eager for . . . DADDY!!! Thomas cannot get enough of him these days. If Chad is home, Thomas is hunting him down. He sat on the bed reaching and reaching as Chad was brushing his teeth in the bathroom until he was FINALLY noticed! I have a normal 14 month old child, who, like many other 14 month olds, has a crazy fascination with the fridge and it's contents. Who doesn't have a picture like this in their collection?? It's got to be an un-written rite of passage-
I almost had a good exercise walk this afternoon, but then Ella saw puddles, and had to walk in them, since she was wearing her green croc boots. It was fun to watch her jump and splash. The walk became a nature hunt. It was fun to show her new grass growing, the fussy buds on the aspen trees, and tulip and iris leaves beginning to poke their way through the soil. These are her treasures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll do a new picture collection of all the flowers and plants up there. I love your photography.

Julie

Sherry said...

I love that picture of Chad and Thomas-that is SO cute.