4.16.2008

This is ME!!

Today, I am 31.

I have a Master's degree in social work.

I have been married for 8.5 years.

I have two children.

I am left-handed.

I am creative.

I enjoy things of depth and like to search for the deeper meaning in things.

I like to be alone.

I would rather speak in front of a group of strangers, than mingle and attempt small talk with them.

Two of my favorite things to listen to are Christian talk radio and R&B/Rap music.

I am patient.

I hold grudges (pretty much only against Chad).

I want to be used of God.

I like the herb dill, but not basil.

I want to own chickens.

I like fast food.

I am organized.

I care about what people think of me, more than I often admit.

I am an idealist.

That's it. I just gave you a list of the random things that came to mind. I am having to think too much about it now, so I'll stop.

I bought Cinnamon twists for breakfast, to celebrate my birthday. Yum. I also had three cards waiting for me this morning on the counter- (The front of this card said, "Snap, Crackle . .") My sister, Donna, provided me with my birthday attire. Cute hoodie, earring and nail polish This is a journal my parents bought me when I turned 25. I love getting it out each year, reading through it, and adding another year in the pages. It asks simple questions, like what the weather is like, who you celebrate with, what your thoughts are, etc. and then as a page to summarize the year. I LOVE this kind of thing! Flowers from Julie, Toby and the boys- and the latest addition to my Willow Tree collection, from my Mom. Chad bought me flowers too. Love the fresh ones! The lady who cuts my hair said that the beauty of fresh cut flowers is in the fact that they don't last long. You MUST enjoy them while you can. I liked that. And finally, what more could a mother want on her birthday!! He hasn't taken off on his own yet- but any day. . .

9 comments:

Bridgette said...

Happy Birfday A!! :)Ella was too cute! Can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend!!

KarenK said...

So many reasons to love this post.

Happy birthday, Amanda. :)

The Kinney Clan said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! I hope that you felt loved and appreciated much today-because you are!

joy said...

Happy Birthday! I sent you a text, hopefully you got it. I'm glad you had a special day. That's so thoughtful with the cards. My goodness- Ella can sing! How precious! Look foward to next weekend!

Casey, Janelle, Ella, and Hadley said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day!! Ella was soooo cute...my Ella watched it four times before I had to draw the line!

Anonymous said...

Ah, love it. Those kids are the cutest ever.

Julie

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

Sema said...

happy Birthday, and wishing you many more

Dawn said...

Precious videos! Wonderful post - Happy happy birthday!