Thomas wore his FIRST pair of Nike's today (thank-you Stocketts!) It makes babies look so much more like toddlers to me!
When I worked in Child Protection, I remember the investigators taking pictures of each other's injuries, to practice getting good shots- my daughter would be a great model right now. Seriously- it is not even summer yet! That wood deck is brutal-
My kiddos, I think they'll be friends ..
We having people over for a BBQ tonight. We are excited to have local company! I went to the Bible study at our church yesterday. It was great, BUT it was the last one for the year. They don't meet through the summer-- but I got some numbers, and have a play date lined up for Monday, so it was good for making some connections. It seemed like a really solid, Godly group of women who really are seeking after God. The study was at the parsonage, which is directly behind the church building where the childcare is located. I pulled up to the church, to drop the kids off, and Ella said, " Not THIS church Momma!" Great. But, when I returned to pick her up, she said she didn't want to leave, and the teen girls (wink, wink, potential babysitters!!!!!triple WINK) watching them said, " They are SO FUN!!"- so, I am hoping for responses more like the latter on Sundays to come!AND (BIG SIGH) finally, to end on a note of depth (because, come on, it's ME- I gotta go a bit deeper SOME times.) There are several phrases that have stuck with me through life- they help me to simplify ideas that can be so multi-faceted and complex. I have a tendency to over think and get caught up in trying to define or come to a bottom line for things that just DON'T have one. So, I like when there IS a bottom line statement to start from and to be able to go back to-For example,
"Under promise, over deliver"
"Everything is a phase"
"This too shall pass"
"Live with intention"
"Jesus First"
"God is good, all the time."
DISCLAIMER: This list is merely to give an example of what I mean- it is certainly NOT a resume list of personal attributes or expressions of how I live- just how I WANT to live!
The latest, that has been such a good reminder to me is "Action not anger". I read that in a Dobson book this week, and it has come to mind several times as I deal with childish behavior (from my children, mind-you, NOT my husband). It is initially easier to react in anger. It does take more work to take action and establish clear expectation and consequences- but I hope that putting the effort in now, will lead to it being easier later-and to having children that respect me, instead of resent me. PLUS, I don't like to be angry. It feels yucky, for lack of a better term.
So--anybody else have some pithy little reminders that have helped you muddle through life?? Would love to hear them . . maybe I could get FOURTEEN comments again- OR MORE?!?!?!? Come- on- you know you wanna- share your wisdom!!!!! Have a great weekend-
6 comments:
How about "when in Rome...?"
I have a sign in my kitchen that says "Because Nice Matters". I try to live by that. I'm not always successful..but one must have goals in life!
"LIVE LIFE WELL AND LOVE WITH A PURE HEART."
JANET
LOVE the faces. I got nothing on the phrases. I'll think on it.
I love, "live with intention". Its so easy to float through days and not realize where they have gone. But each day is filled with so many opportunities. I really like your posts, especially the deeper ones. Sorry for not commenting lately. The polka dot dress is so cute on Ella.
My deep thought is "SIMPLIFY"
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog. I have been following it for a while and never commented. One thing my husband and I always say is that we will get through it! This has helped us through so many situations. Have a good day...
Post a Comment