This is our front yard. This winter, when the snow was being removed from the driveway, the plow operator got a bit overly ambitious, and scooped a chunk out of the lawn, and also damaged some pipes. While beginning the process to fix that, it was discovered that the septic tank needs to be replaced. Currently, the septic tank is under the front yard- but will have to be replaced in the backyard. I don't totally understand why- but, we are going to continue to have alot of activity around our house.
This is Ella feeding Thomas pancakes Saturday morning. He will eat ANYTHING she offers him.
Chad and Ella played "running games" in the backyard Friday night. The cats followed them around like dogs would. I love our view- AND the fact that we back up to this great community area.
In addition to OUR construction, there are some neighborhood pumps being replaced(in that gray shed in the background) on Tuesday, so ALL water will be shut off for the entire day. The orange flags are to mark sprinklers, so the crane that is coming doesn't damage them. Should be an interesting week!
Here I am with my kiddos on Mother's Day. Do I look frazzled and weary? I am. This week has been a huge challenge. The combination of stomach flu (that kept going, and going, and going), teething( Ella never so many of the classic signs, but Thomas is textbook: fever, drooling, finger chewing, red cheeks, bleeding and blistered gums, IRRITABILITY), and a 2 year old asserting her will (with fierce tenacity) make for times of major character building. I am REALLY trying to keep positive. However, my resolve is weakening- I just want some peace, happy kids and happy hubby. I think I need to dig deep in my well of wisdom and chant, "This too shall pass"- maybe curled up in a ball, in the corner of a closet. On a positive note- we had a great time Saturday night with theGreenfields. Having some place to go, and be with friends after a long week is really encouraging. They are comfortable and fun to be with and I am thankful for their friendship.
So, another week-certain to be better than last. There is a discipleship group meeting Wed. at church that I am going to go to, so that will be my night out. I may have a playdate with a family at church sometimes this week - AND my sister, Donna, is coming to visit on Friday. (hopefully she will bring Michael too). So, those things will help keep my going this week.
2 comments:
Character building. Good positive spin. I'm thinking about you and praying for you this week!
JS
I love the pic of Chad and Ella!! Sweet. And you do have such a positive attitude A! ;)
Post a Comment