Charo- Who spoke about her 2 girls in such a way that made me really excited to have children.
Jana-Who has always been an amazing encourager and example of calm consistent parenting.
Sherry- Who always seems to know, or be experiencing, exactly what I am with my kids.
Joy- an amazing Mom who balances ALOT and takes time, on purpose, to have special moments with her boys.
Wende- Who encourages me, because she understands my challenges, as I try to raise kids WITH my husband.
My very own Momma- Everyday she is here as I am now also a Momma. I see her as I wipe faces and hands, clean out little ears with Q-tips, fold laundry, read books, pick up toys, hang-up coats, clean-up spills, wipe a little bottom, heat a can of Campbell's soup or squeeze a little body and kiss a little head. I see her smiling at me, when I smile at my kids. I am encouraged as I see the tangible reminders of her love and belief in me, through a card sent with flowers hanging on the bulletin board, the little notes tucked away in my Bible, gifts given to my children, and gifts given to me, to specifically commemorate milestones in my motherhood journey. My mind uses her as it's example and pattern as I stand before a group of children to teach a lesson, or lead a game, or sing a song. So, even though she lives far away, she is always here- and I am thankful for that being something to celebrate today.
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day! You are an incredible mom. I hope you are honored in a special way today! (and not through a poopy diaper!)
Amanda, you had me in tears. What a special tribute to your mom!
Post a Comment