5.21.2008

Wednesday

Busted-

Spring sprouted, as they say, in the mountains over the weekend. It is amazing how all the leaves suddenly appear on the trees! The septic tank is installed, and our back yard is quiet again. Dirty, but quiet. The landscape crew was out late yesterday afternoon taking measurements. I really hope sod goes down, instead of seed. The fence should be going up soon too!!!

I took a long bike ride last night, instead of going out for coffee. It was a great ride. It is SO beautiful here. I love it. Nature always seems to have something new to look at- it is constantly changing. I enjoy my time outside so much more here than I did in the city. The birds sing constantly. All day, beginning at 5:00am, and late into the evening they sing out their last praises of the day as the air cools and the sun sets deeper behind the mountain. I didn't think I would notice a difference in the air, but I really have. It is so fresh and crisp and clean- all the time. We love it. I AM having issues with allergies this spring, that I have not experienced before, which is a bit of a bother, but worth the view. We have now decided that ALL our friends need to move here too. THEN, it would be perfect.

A friend from church, Susan, came to visit this morning with one of her boys, Emmett. Ella was a bit stand-offish most of the time. Silly girl- next time maybe she'll play better. It was great to sit and talk with Susan. She has four boys. I think she could be a great source of encouragement and wisdom for me. I was encouraged and refreshed by talking with her today, PLUS she gave me some great leads on babysitters!!

Thomas is walking more and more. I marked Monday as the official walking day on the calendar. He still crawls a lot, but is choosing to walk more often. He has that stiff, frankenstein-ish walking going on right now. He is babbling like crazy, and using words more often. Every time he sees me holding the camera he says, "CHEEEEE".

Last night after Ella prayed at dinner, I asked her if she knew who we are talking to when we pray. She said, "Yup-ALIVIA!" Alivia, and her family, really need to move to the mountians.

1 comment:

Wende Tindall said...

That is hilarious! We miss you guys and are looking forward to seeing you soon!