It is cold. Forecast calls for snow. We'll see. . . .
Ella has a very sensitive gag reflex. She gags when I change Thomas's diaper, or when he has snot running down his top lip, or when SHE happens to get one of her own boogers stuck on her finger. Not only does the sight of grossness bother her, but the smell of grossness drives this reflex into high gear. One morning this week, when I pick her up to give her a hug, she gagged and pulled back with a look of total confusion and horror. "Momma, what you have in yours mouth??"-and again the next day, when I was NOT even close to her she says, "Momma,you have yuckies in yours mouth- go brush yours teeth." Nice. Nothing like the brutal honesty of a 2 year old.
We got our new driveway laid today. So, we are down to the last two things on the "external extreme home makeover" of this little house. The fence and shrubs. That comes next week I think. The fence cannot come soon enough. Ella does a good job of keeping within the boundaries I set for her. But Thomas, no such luck. Hopefully the thought of climbing the fence will not enter his mind for several years!
I was up early this morning (thanks Thomas) and got to see a fox catch a bird in the open area behind our house. It was pretty cool to see. He just jump up and caught it in mid-air. He was then chased across the yard by a flock of angry birds, who were obviously in a frenzy over seeing one of their own plucked from flight.
Chad called today and told me that we are going to go on a hike this evening. Apparently, on one of the ski slopes near here, there is an amazing amount of wild flowers. There was even an article in the paper this morning, about the unusual amount of flowers in this particular area. My camera is ready!!
3 comments:
That is just too too funny! I hope she outgrows it a bit!
It's chilly here today, too, but not going to snow - but it will in the hills, I am sure. So there are wildflowers that will be covered in snow soon? Hope not!
Hey Amanda, thanks for your comment! Perhaps marriage will make me write again :)
I've actually been trying to get your guys' address, would you be able to send it to my hotmail account? (therealraklet@hotmail.com) I promise it's something nice :)
Out of the mouth of babes! I hope you did not get snow (in June??). Thank goodness your extreme makeover is almost over! I bet it looks wonderful though... Always nice to have renovations done. How was the hike? Have a great week!
Amy
Post a Comment