Friday evening brought a van load of friends in preparation for a LLOONNGG relay race the next day. They got her around 6:30pm Friday, and headed back around 6:00pm Saturday. Even though it was really quick, it was good to see them! You can go here to read about their race experience. Chad and I hope to be able to do it next year.
We had a nice hike yesterday evening, exploring a little bit more of this beautiful area. We watched the kids throw rocks, sticks, dirt and leaves into a little stream while we had a snack before heading back. It was great.
Now, the countdown to my trip to Washington begins! Thursday morning we head to Boise to begin a week of travel and visiting family. I am looking forward to it.
This is what I found a few minutes ago on my floor. These little nasties are attempting to clean up a piece of banana that must have fallen off of Thomas's clothes after lunch.
I.hate.them. I finally talked to the landlord about it, because everything I try is not working. If ANYTHING falls to the floor, they appear. I think there must be a HUGE colony under our house or carpet!?!? Gross, yuck, nasty. Hopefully the expert exterminator can help-
This child told me that I was being mean this weekend, after I reminded her that she needed to stop fussing. She said, "DON'T TALK ABOUT IT A ME!" at which time I reminded her to speak kindly to me. She told me I was being mean again. Chad had to turn his face to hide his giggles. Another first, probably not a last. Sigh. She did come to me later ad apologize, after a talk with her Daddy.
We are 6 days into our life without t.v. We miss it. We'll eventually get used to it.
4 comments:
Great ant photo. That sucks. Hopefully they will get it taken care of soon. Thanks for being such a great hostess! It was great to see you guys. I look forward to next year!!!
we miss you guys!
Hi Amanda! Thanks so much for your sweet "congratulations" email. I have had limited access to the internet since school got out. Hopefully that is a good excuse for my lateness in responding. Also, I know how much you value replies on your blog! :) I have been catching up on my blog reading (I am in Starbucks right now) and have thoroughly enjoyed reading yours! It sounds like you guys are really "living life out loud!" No kidding...all of the hikes and games and experiences you are having makes me a bit jealous! Well, we miss you two in Bible Study, but it was so good to read that you are right where God wants you to be, and I KNOW that the explanations of why will come later. I miss your wisdom and your smile!
Korri
oh miss ella. I'm about a year over in my need for an Ella and Thomas fix. I love that picture of her
Post a Comment