7.25.2008

Chad and Ella have just settled down in the backyard, in the tent, in their sleeping bags for Ella's first "camping" experience. She is REALLY excited. It will be interesting to see how it goes. We'll add myself and Thomas to the mix another night, if it goes well with Ella.

I enjoyed my kids today. I pushed Thomas around the block in the stroller, while Ella's little legs peddled her trike as it bumped over the cracks and rocks in the street. She is so proud of her ability! She and I had some royal battles this week. I won them all and we have noticed positive changes in her reactions and choices. She has been talking alot about bad and good choices, so something seems to be working. There is a discipleship group that I meet with once a month. The advice, wisdom and experience shared there is amazing. I have thanked God for those meetings and ladies often. They have helped give me biblical focus as I parent. Ella is such a fun girl. I am thankful for good time, when I can fully enjoy who she is, without having to be correcting or directing. I HAVE to breathe those moments in deep. They get me through.

The circumstance that I mentioned in a previous post, is that of a 22 year old man who died suddenly in his sleep from a heart aneurysm. I did not know him personally. He is part of a family that Chad grew up with, so I have met him and his family. His brother was a roommate of ours for a few months when we were renting a room out. His Mom has always been so warm and friendly. All of the kids live in such a way that it leaves one thinking, "Whatever those parents did, THAT is what I want to do with my kids!" They are a faithful, successful family, seeking God. It is just so sad and tragic, and has really affected me.There are several thoughts that have been raised out of this; many of which are just swirling around my mind and heart, but two things I have been able to pin down are these:

1.I have been reminded that God doesn't "play favorites" with us. The realities of this life happen to everyone. Those who know Christ, and those who don't. All we know for sure is that He promises to be with us, and promises to "work all things together for good". Sometimes, I don't want it to "work together", I just want it to be the way it was.

2. I don't think I would ever be described as a control freak, but God is revealing to me more and more ways that I try to control things that I need to give to Him and trust Him with. I am a do-it-yourself-er. Then it is done right!-anyone feeling me??? Still working through the specifics, but it definitely something God is prying open.

See what happens, when I can't take pictures to post? Sheesh. I need some girlfriend talk time-and a digital camera--

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I wish Dean and Suzanne could put something down and paper to tell young parents what they did right - if they even know. They are a wonderful family, and Dan was an amazing young guy. More than we ever knew, based on the funeral - awesome celebration of his life.

Wende Tindall said...

We just read about Ella's bday party. "Ella has the "Pinkalicious" book too!" Anna and Alivia squealed in excitement.

I felt sad!

Today Alivia bought some pants and said "just like Ella's!" I know I've said this before but we miss you guys. When I read your blog I feel disconnected. I love hearing about how God is taking care of you guys though. Maybe we could get together for hiking and photo taking someday soon.

Love ya! Wende