7.24.2008

Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I am feeling better today. Still a bit weighted down, but that is an expected part of this journey. I have no right to complain when some weight falls on my shoulders. In EVERYTHING give thanks, right?

Chad has been working in the evenings at home on some drawing jobs he has, so I took the kids to the town plaza where there is a little ice cream stand and live music every Thursday night. It was lovely. There was a small crowd, sitting at little cafe tables, or on blankets. Some stopped for a moment as they walked by or road their bikes on the sidewalk. Kids played in the fountain and ran around in the grass with ice cream smeared around their mouths and drips down their shirts. This is truly a beautiful place to be living. Not just the scenery, but the fun opportunities, like tonight, that are so easy to find out about and access.

Come visit, you'll enjoy it too!!

1 comment:

joy said...

I'm glad you had a better day yesterday. I didn't have a chance to comment before- but I can sympathize. With Ian- I go through the same thoughts. But just as he has grown a little more (we're almost at 3.5) it seems like they slowly become more mature and can reason more. Being a parent is scary. It feels like such a heavy load that you are responsible. You ARE a wonderful mom. I admire you for many reasons. Those days will come and go, but just cling to the special ones to get you through the tough ones. love you!