11.20.2008

haircut

I gave Ella a haircut today. I am not good at cutting hair. This picture was taken after the first round of cutting. I actually ended up cutting a bit more off than this, in attempts to even it out. I should have known better. It actually looks really cute in this picture.

I attempted to cut my bangs ONCE, as a teenager. I ended up with 1/4 inch bangs, if that. The incident ended with a massive pit in my stomach, tears, and a Momma who tried not to laugh as she comforted me and attempted to help me figure out how to style it. Even the memory of this trauma did not stop me from taking the scissors to Ella's hair again.

I should have just stopped looking at it and went about my day, but I really wanted it to be even! So, tonight, it looks okay-just short. Sadly, I must sheepishly admit that it may be less even than before. It still curls up a bit on the ends, and we were able to get a little pigtail on top for ballet today and it will grow. Thankfully she is 3, and not 13--

4 comments:

jade, trish, halle and will said...

i think it looks adorable! halle misses you ella rose! we are excited to see you guys again and get caught up! thanks for having jade over last night- he had fun! see you later.

Dawn said...

I ave tried to do a bit of trimming on the girls, but it's not a good idea for me to set scissors to hair!

No after picture?

theatienza6 said...

it does look very cute in the picture. thank goodness for curls. however, if you don't want to venture down that road again i do hair and would love to help you out.

Anonymous said...

The haircut looks great! I also love the thankful poster idea. I would love to be a mouse in the corner one evening to hear the prayers, etc.
Mom D.