It snowed last night and the trees and mountains were so beautiful this morning. The eves are dripping now- and I heard a red-wing black bird's song this afternoon which marks the coming of spring in my mind.My children sound like Golum (Lord of the Rings). I thought they were getting better, but today they seem worse. I had to pick Ella up off the floor at the grocery store today several times, as she took opportunities to lie down with her blanket rolled up under her head- something that definitely told me she is not feeling well!
These are a few pictures from last week- Creative bedding, modern art, "stuffed" dinner--
My kitchen was a popular play area last week-

They were taking turns "reading" this little Bible to each other-
Drawing has become a daily activity in our house- something special that Chad and Ella do together in the evening-
I am attempting to save some cash by doing this. You pay a monthly fee, and in return are given a list of the best deals, where to find coupons, how to use coupons, etc. at the grocery store. Today was my first day shopping within their prescribed system. I spent $45, save $28 and came away with a $10 coupon for groceries next time. It was awesome to see that $73 charge reduce itself to $45 as the coupons and discounts began to apply! So- the first trip was successful. It will be interesting to see how it goes over the next few weeks. They say that it takes about 12 weeks to really begin seeing the system work. I know a few people who do it- and they have good things to say- if anything, it feels good to be making an effort toward spending less at the store!
Thomas is hollering. My quiet time is officially over-

4 comments:
I love when you say hollering BTW.
Ok, you NEED to check out www.krazycouponlady.blogspot.com Seriously, they know about all good deals at Albertsons, double coupons, etc. I think the website they use is pinching your pennies.com Plus, it's free! I've done it once, but I need a lesson in couponing! It's tough work! But it saves lots of moolah.
Amanda, I just love the pictures you post of your kids and their activities. You always make me smile.
Becky
I have done the grocery game before. It makes me feel so efficient! Have fun coupon clipping! :)
I do the grocery game and have seen a huge savings in my grocery bill. Feeding a family of 6 here can get very expensive. I've just about cut our grocery bill in half.
Post a Comment