It was a surreal thing, remembering and talking about events and people from 10+ years ago and then going upstairs and looking at my children, realizing where I am in this life process.
We watched wedding videos, and a video of Chad in his pageant debut-running for the title of Mr. NNC(a silly, fun event that occurred every year while we were in college). We talked politics, religion, kids, marriage. We played a game that made us laugh our heads off. The guys spent the weekend trying to hit each other in the nethers with a little purple squishy ball, while the girls rolled their eyes and laughed at these men turned boys in the presence of each other. It was good to see Chad with his friends, being himself and being totally comfortable.
We all made Valentine's for each other on Saturday, and passed them out after a great Valentine dinner complete with pink milk for the kids and heart shaped bread to go with the "pink" pasta.
We all loaded up with snow gear and sleds one afternoon, and headed to a little hill on the golf course for some sledding. Fun times. The snow was coming down, and 8 adults and six kids enjoying the simple fun of a hill, snow and plastic sleds.
Sunday evenings we had a little birthday celebration for Thomas and Allison. Allison was the first brand new baby that I remember ever seeing. We visited in the hospital, not even 12 hours after she was born. Now she is 7. Her birthday is actually today, Thomas's was yesterday.
On our way home, we stopping for a China Express lunch, a quick look through the clearance racks at Old Navy, and a shared bowl of Birthday Remix ice cream at Cold Stone for Thomas's birthday. We drove home last night in snow and wind.
There are about 2 new inches of fresh snow covering the world this morning. We gave Thomas his birthday gifts this morning, so he and Ella have been getting acquainted with those. Ella is coughing, Thomas's nose is running. Chad reluctantly headed off to work- and I, you guessed it, have piles of laundry to get washed.
I forgot to take my camera, not that it would make a difference, since I would have to have the film developed before sharing. I am counting on the friends with digital technology to share their photos with me.
Real life is calling- noses are running, breakfast oatmeal is crusting in the bowls, the coffee in my cup is cold, and the phone is ringing-
4 comments:
After moving, I'd agree that almost nothing is more enjoyable than spending time with close friends and not having to work at it. LOVE that.
Thought of you often yesterday-or Mr. T I should say. Happy Birthday to the Little Man.
Ditto on the sick kids-going to the dr. today...awesome.
Wow, its hard to believe that little boy is 2 already! It seems like just yesterday I was visiting you and he was practically newborn!! I'm thinking bout heading down to the Boise area this spring and will miss the opportunity to see you! :-(
It is SO hard to come back to reality after having such a great week-end. You are blessed with such good friends of long standing.
Hey--I wasn't able to get your pictures until Friday, so I'll get them in the mail Monday. Hope you had a good weekend! There was a girl's lunch after SS today. I need you for stuff like that! Sigh.
Post a Comment