Back to the job. The first few weeks were really good, better than I thought they could be. The little boy I work with is great, and seems to have adjusted to me well. He is severely autistic, and does not speak. I am so thankful for children with healthy minds. The kids enjoy going to Mrs. Lindsay's, and quickly adjusted to the new morning routine. I suppose we will have a few days of re-adjusting after this week off, but they know what to expect now when I tell them I am going to work and they are going to Mrs. Lindsay's. I am convinced that God put this together for me for some reason. I was SO skeptical and sad about it, but He has confirmed for me over and over that He is in this. When I began this process, our pastor's wife gave some wonderful advise and encouraged. She said, "You will know if it is God's plan for you by the fruits it produces in you and your family." So far, they have been good. It is good to have something to measure our decisions with straight from God's word, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control.. Galatians 5:22-23. If these things are not being produced by what I am doing, I need to re-evaluate.
God provided renter's for our house. They are a family that we are completely comfortable with being in there. We do not know them personally, but have friends that do- so that helps put our minds at ease. God continues to be faithful to take care of us, in the big and small things of life.
The crisis pregnancy center closed in this area about a year ago. My friend Trish and I have talked about it several times since we met, and wished for something to happen with it. We had NO idea what to do, or who to talk to. A couple from our church recently began the process of getting it up and going again. Trish and I are SO excited, and a little nervous about the possibilities. We have been talking about it so much lately. We met with another center's director this week and were encouraged and given some great direction. It will be interesting to see the role we play in this ministry--our husbands are even showing some excitement and enthusiasm over it! I can feel God moving-
I have a training to become IBI(Intensive Behavioral Intervention) certified for my job next week. I have to be gone from Wednesday through Sunday. The LONGEST I have been away. I am not looking forward to that, but I AM looking forward to a few nights in a hotel room alone. One night would be wonderful, four- well, we will see. Chad will have a crash course in single parenting! I am excited for the training and new knowledge AND my pay will increase significantly once I pass the test and am officially certified.
Ella has been making up "verses". Her latest is, "Jesus died on the cross for you and me!" She is really interested in reading, but has not grasped the concept that letters have certain sounds yet.
Thomas is talking more and more, and does and says anything that Ella does. They continue to be so close and really enjoy each other- most of the time. He keeps grabbing his cheeks and saying "owie", so I think those two year molars are moving again.
Chad and a friend are attempted to train for a very hard 1/2 marathon in April. My sister and I have committed to each other to run one up here in May. There is still to much snow/slush on the bike path to use it for running, and finding time to go to the Y with this new job is challenging, unless I take my kids from one daycare to another, which I am not interested in doing. The snow should be gone in the next few weeks . . .I hope.
We were told March is the worst month to live up here, just because of the season transition. That is proving to be true. We were here last March, but were to caught up in the shock of the move to really notice or care about the weather. Many people up here plan a yearly get-away during this month to avoid the slush and mud of the spring melt.
I need to get my kids dressed- and breakfast dishes cleaned up. It is a sunny morning- should be a nice day!
5 comments:
i loved every piece of this. been praying for you guys, so happy to see His hand in it all. Love you guys.
We are glad to hear you are all doing well. God has truly blessed you.
Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how you guys have been.
Praise the Lord for the house being rented and the job and all that goes with it. So glad to hear everything is working out. God is good!
Miss you guys!
Sounds good, Amanda!
Running outside is waaaay better than a treadmill anyways:) Just a couple more weeks and you can hit the trails!
Post a Comment