These are just a few silly things that have changed over the past year:
I shop at Albertsons.
I run.
I prepare a meal almost every night- including weekend.
We watch t.v shows online, instead of on the t.v.
The kids and I visit the library each week.
We rarely have company over- compared to before the move.
The cats are primarily inside cats now.
We have a closet full of winter/snow gear- that gets worn!
Eating out has really become a special treat.
In the summer, our bikes became a primary mode of transportation.
We are members of a non-denominational church, that is at least half the size of our previous church. We really like it.
I know that we have been challenged, and have grown during this process- but it is hard to write succinctly about that- since we are still in it.
Do we like it here? Yeah. Would we like it back where we were? Yeah. What do we want? Good question. We know God has a plan and purpose- I think we would just like to have a little more insight into exactly what that is and how the past year fits into that.
I am feeling encouraged and ready for the coming week after a weekend and time to re-cooperate and face the reality that this IS going to life for a little while. The house is in order, the grocery store trip for the week is done, clothing is sorted for laundry, lunches are made and in the fridge, children are bathed and their clothes have been carefully chosen and laid out by my little girl who likes things to be done in just a certain way.
3 comments:
Wow, that nasty flu bug has hit everyone in this family, no matter where we live! Yucky stuff!! It was so sad to see the babies like wet little noodles lying on the floor. It was so wonderful when their little smiles came back.
You have certainly done a good job of looking over your past year. You guys are doing great!
Well, we're praying for you guys! Especially to have peace about your house here and that God would work out the details like he always does. It sure is stressful taking it upon ourselves. We missed you guys at Ian's party! The kids had a lot of fun at Donna's house the other night. Ian said several times that night, "I love Ella." I have been trying to talk Jer into driving down to see you guys. He isn't the biggest road trip fan....., we'll see.
Hope the tots are feeling better. Yucky stuff around here too.
Miss you all.
P.S. Wish my to-do list was almost complete like yours!
Had you told me 3 1/2 years ago that we'd land in Colorado I'd have laughed at you - But here we are. Crazy what God has in store for all of us, right?
I hope you guys continue to do better and better and that finances work themselves out - and that you keep on running:)
Post a Comment