We go on "adventures" every Sunday after naps. It has been a great thing to look forward to each week-it is a great work-out too, packing kids in backpacks up trails! Last Sunday we went to a park that has river access. It was beautiful, but the mosquitoes were ferocious. The kids each have about 10 red bumps on their foreheads and faces-and I am constantly itching little bumps on my legs. Stupid bugs.
Next weekend we are going to do the church camp-out, or first attempt at camping with the kids. I am excited to get the camping stuff out and go through it. I am excited to go shopping and get snack size milky ways, cheese sticks, beef jerky, cocoa mix and apple juice in little aluminum containers. I think it will be fun, and I will definitely be packing bug spray!
I have been going to a Pilates class at the Y. This morning was my third class. I really like it. It certainly is a challenge! we have our eyes on the City of Trees 1/2 Marathon at the beginning of October- so I am trying to get my mind into training mode; I really want to improve my time significantly from last year. We'll see.
Last weekend our church hosted a Barn dance. It was so much fun. Even Chad admitted to having fun dancing. There was a caller, so we just did what she told us to do. It is just so fun when lots of people participate, let their guards down and have fun. We were all in the same boat, learning something new- and enjoying great company.
Here are some pictures that a friend took-
We had fried chicken and potluck and TONS of pies for dessert. I could handle going to something like that monthly! Super fun.
These fun times make us appreciate the friend we have made here, but also make us really miss the people we left behind when we moved. Those little grief twinges still sting sometimes. Love the one(s) your with- right? You never know when things will change-
I have tried to blog about it several time, but end up in tears- and move onto something else. BUT, for those of you who we left behind (you know who you are) we miss you- LOTS. We miss the everyday things with you- miss seeing kids growing, celebrating birthdays, summer BBQ's, laughs, seeing you at Walmart, The Office dinners, random calls at 5:30 for dinner together - the list goes on and on.
God has blessed us with great relationships.
Ella has been taking swimming lessons this week. Each day she tries one more new thing. By the end of the 30 minutes her lips are blue and her body is in one big constant shiver. Thomas watches, and cheers her on from time to time. He will enjoy it next year too.
Kids are napping. I may take a short one too-
8 comments:
I hear you on the grief twinges:) That's a tough one.
Love the pic of you and Chad dancing!
That looks likes so much fun.
i hear you on every level. I appreciate where we are now, but I appreciate home even more.
we have grief twinges for you, too
We love you and miss you guys!
1. eww....a nap does sound good.
2. Barn dance looks like soooooo much fun!
3. Your hair looks really cute!
4. Love the Sunday adventures.
5. We miss you tons......
Classic Chad face at the dance! Would love to have seen that! Looks fun!
Yes! We'll be around! Let us know what you already have going on and we can plan something ahead or play it by ear....
Post a Comment