8.17.2009

Camping!

Our church camp-out was this weekend- and we joined in the fun for our first family camp-out! It turned out great. I am glad we waiting this long to take them camping, because it made the first experience a good one. We all met at a campground, about 10 miles north of town. It was beautiful setting with lots of room for all of us to set-up. The first night was really cold- I heard people talking about 20 degrees, but we managed to all stay warm in our little tent. We do not have an air mattress,so Chad and I slept on our little camping mats and managed to still get some sleep in. The kids came home as tired and dirty as you would expect- so did Chad and I, now that I think about it. We are excited to go again, with a smaller number of people. There were a lot of older kids running around, and it was hard to keep Ella and Thomas close, so we spent a lot of time following after and hunting them down. Trish put these pictures on Facebook. I have more to come- of course after the film is developed. sigh.

Halle, Ella and Thomas- the Three Musketeers- Thomas, Ella, Halle and Lanigan- this little boy is one of Ella's favorite friends. They spent a lot of time playing together- This is where we set up camp. You can see our tent in the background. Most people had campers, but there were a few other tent families there too! There was also a big tent set up for everyone to gather at, with tables and chairs. The Sunday morning church service was held at the camp-site, so people who did not camp all weekend came up and afterward we had a potluck BBQ. We get to be part of a great church family here. Another reminder of how God takes care of us.

I have all the laundry done and folded and all the camping dishes washed and put back in the camping bins for next time. Hopefully we can get at least one more camping weekend in before it gets to cold.

No comments: