On Tuesday morning my parents, the kid, the cats and I loaded up AGAIN and headed for Wenatchee. Chad stayed in Boise and will be joining us at Christmas. The drive was the worst ever. What should have taken 7 hours, ended up being a 15 hour drive on wet, snowy, frozen roads- 2 hours of which we were parked on the interstate. The kids did a great job, the cats survived in the back of the truck and we were are all so glad to be home safely.
Chad is staying with his sister(Julie) and spent Tuesday going through all our things to gather what he needs for the next week. He stayed to work. He'll be framing- back to his roots!
I have enjoyed having some time with the kids after such a hectic few days. I have been cooking, getting Christmas letters addressed and making final lists in preparation for Christmas. My mom has a treadmill- which I used yesterday for a much needed run! There is about 8 inches of snow on the ground here, which makes for great sledding- but not my idea of good running conditions.
We will be here with my parents until the 29th- I am still not sure where we are going to be after that. The house we are staying at in Boise is occupied until January 11- so we will either be staying with family in Boise or we may take a trip back to Hailey for a visit.
So- that's where we are. Learning to be flexible, make plans loosely and continuing to trust that God is in control.
3 comments:
Missed having you and the kids last night. HOpe you are enjoying time alone with them. I'm so impressed at how flexible you all are- especially when the future isn't completelly planned. That is definitely not a strength of mine!
Enjoy the Christmas and hopefully we will see you soon!
Wow, that trip sounds brutal! So glad you're there safely. And I know the logistics will work out!
come back to Hailey :) We love and miss you all and hope you are having a great time!!! xoxo
Post a Comment