Thanksgiving in Peru. I thought I would share this process. Chad and I bought everything I could think of, that we would need, Monday morning. Of course, I have thought of about 58 more things we need to buy. We will do another shopping trip tomorrow. I was excited to find a pie plate, loaf pan AND a turkey breast. Turkey is traditionally eaten at Christmas here, so it was hard to find one in November. Most people here have no idea about Thanksgiving. Makes sense, it is an American holiday. It still takes me off guard sometimes though when someone says they have never heard of it! We had almost given up on turkey and settled on the idea that eating chicken would have to do. We didn't even have the option of ham, none to be found here! However, on Monday we found a frozen turkey breast at a little store we sometimes shop at. Hurray! We bought it and it is thawing in the fridge.
Yesterday Ella and I made a pilgrim hat center piece (pictures to come when we have flowers in it!), and I made a Thanksgiving banner for our wall. Kristen and I found a great piece of brown cloth for the table. I really wanted a real table cloth this year! Kristen has a contact that is hemming it for us, and it should be ready to pick up tomorrow.
Today, I began preparing food. Having to prepare almost everything from scratch makes the process a bit longer! The 40/40's are working, so the majority of this job is my responsibility. Today I was able to cross everything off my list that I wanted to do, so things are off to a good start!
| Ella took a break from her homework to help me snap green beans. |
2 comments:
You are so amazing and organized, Amanda!
I don't know why but i'm kind of surprised they have pumpkins there! Or did you get a package with cans of pumpkin in it?
Post a Comment