4.01.2012

Day 4

My day was productive at home.  I didn't have to bake or cook anything and only made one shopping trip!  I got toys and clothes put away, the kitchen organized, the impact supplies organized and have a good game plan for all the baking that has to happen this week.  Thomas stayed home with me and played with all the little stuffed animals that the short-term team brought to give out at kid's festivals.  The rest of the team did a culture fair and kid's festival and then divided up to attend church services at three different locations.  Ella went out with the group and came home with blue fingernails and flowers painted on her face.  I gave both the kids showers and we headed to church too.  I planned to bring them home afterward and not go to dinner again (church gets over around 8pm), but they were in good spirits and wanted to "go where the American people are eating."  So we did.  We walked down to the restaurant in the rain. Ella walked ahead of us, skipping through puddles and singing the whole way.  We had cream of vegetable soup and fried trout.  It hit the spot on a cold rainy night.

 

  We got to eat dinner together at the same table tonight and came home and wrestled and dog piled each other on the bed.  Chad made goofy faces and the kids ran to me with huge smiles and giggles, pretending to be afraid.  It was good to have some family time, knowing that we are headed into a few weeks that will be busy and out of our routine.  I am thankful for flexible kids who have grown up so much since we have been here.  They are doing a good job of figuring out life-even in a second culture.  I can't wait to hear their memories of these years!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Such a great picture. Loving you guys, praying for you all the time.

Dawn said...

Their memories are going to be amazing! You are amazing.