3.31.2012

Day Three

  The group divided into four sections today.  One group went to Juliaca to paint the room the new church is meeting in, one group did construction, two ladies were with me, and the rest of the group did a kids festival and health fair in Ilave.  From what I have heard, it sounds like the day went well for everyone.  There are 70 new contacts to follow up with from Ilave from this outreach, the room in Juliaca looks great and the foam blocks that they will use to build the new church arrived this afternoon.

The big project at the house today was cooking a HUGE pot of chili for a culture fair tomorrow.  Denise and Rachael were here for the day and together we cooked about 16 batches of chili.  We also cut and bagged all the bread we baked yesterday (about 175 slices), which will also be served tomorrow at the culture fair.  I was in and out, as I also needed to buy more ham, cheese and chips for lunches and bowls, spoons and bags for tomorrow.  I wished for a Costco today.  It would have save me so much time!

Ella watched as people packed up their lunches today.  Lunch consists 2 sandwiches (ham and cheese or Peanut butter and Jelly), 2 bags of chips, 2 pieces of fruit and a bag of cookies.  I am in charge of getting this food. 

Rachael and Denise cutting lots of tomatoes and onions for the chili.  

We added four more batches to this pot!  
Honestly, I felt overwhelmed and pressured today. I wasn't a great Mom.  I frustrated my husband.  I was frustrated with my husband and with other people today.  Just one of those days that happened with a busy, out of routine schedule where rest is little!  "As working for the Lord . . . ", I keep reminding myself.  All my complaints, concerns, rights, needs, etc. are not so urgent when I have the right perspective.  I will be glad for a fresh start tomorrow.  I stayed home from dinner tonight- my kitchen and house were still a disaster from the day and my kids needed to get to bed on time.  I just finished up with everything and am now enjoying a few moments of quite solitude in the house.

I'll probably dream about swimming in chili tonight-

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love the pictures, I love your descriptions, and most of all I love your honesty. I'm saying extra prayers for rest and peace for you tonight.

Joy said...

Lol. I have those days often. I too, just look forward to a fresh start. You're doing amazing,

Julie said...

Lots of pressure for you. Be extra gentle with yourself. Love you!