I am going to do my post before dinner tonight! It is a cold, dark rainy afternoon. The rain hit about 4pm- and it got COLD.
Today, we baked 9 loaves of bread. I went shopping this morning, and while I was out, Cyndi and Denise made apple pies. We bought 4 big bags of apples for lunches and several of those apples were to bruised to eat, so they made pies with them! We will take them to dinner tonight to share with the group. Chad and Thomas went to Chipana with the impact group. They should have been headed home by the time the rain came, if it even rained where they were. Chipana is about an hour and a half away from Puno.
Ella stayed home with me. She had school, however her teacher is out of town and I was unclear about who was going to be there in her place. She was having some stomach issues, so we thought staying close to the bathroom would be a good idea today! The rest of the week the kids are out of school for Holy Week. Thursday and Friday are national holidays.
I'm not sure how the rain affected the construction crew, who were working to get the roof on the new building today. They were probably close to wrapping up the work day when the rain came.
That's it. I am not feeling terribly inspired. We have 5 more days with this group. They are doing amazing and have been so flexible and upbeat. It has been so great to have them here. I can tell people are getting tired and beginning to really miss home. Energy levels are lower and hills seem steeper to climb, but everyone is keeping on!
I'll work hard to experience something interesting to share tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment