4.19.2012

thirty-five

We spent the last several days, including my birthday, traveling.  We traveled out of the country and the kiddos stayed here in Puno with our Pastor's family.  I was a little nervous about it, but it went really well.  It was the longest that we have left the kids.  They were so excited to see us (as we were to see them), but they had a good time here.  How awesome that they can stay with a Spanish speaking family for 4 nights and be comfortable!  Pastor Herman and his wife, Diana and their children are such a blessing.  We had a good trip, and were able to spend some time back in Arequipa with old and new friends.  It was not a restful vacation" trip,  but full of "business" talk and planning.  More details in all that in a few weeks!
A little outing on my birthday
Another missionary family that we were with fixed a great roast beef lunch and had brownies and ice cream for my birthday! 
Chad and I are tired and life just keeps coming!  We have had some down days, but no one day where we could just sit on the couch and watched movies or read books.  Soon enough.  Our time here is quickly coming to an end!  We have another short-term group coming May 10- 22, so just as Chad wraps up all the finances from the first trip- we begin plans for the second!  The group coming in May is 6 college students.  We are not planning to do as much outreach/impact, but focus more on ways to strengthen relationships and encourage people involved in the church plant areas.  I am planning to do all the dinners for this group- what's 6 more people, right?  I might just have to buy a second pressure cooker!

So- I have lived 35 years.  I am so blessed and happy with what God has done in my life.  It could have been so different without Him!  I have said it before, and I stand by it- I owe Him all I have and am.  My desire is to be obedient.  Wherever He leads, I will follow.  There is nothing more I can do!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful words. Exciting days ahead, I am sure!

someone else said...

I wish I could give you the pressure cooker I have. It's not being used here.