5.25.2012

mental meandering

Sometimes I want to blog but all I can muster are fragmented ideas, like these:

1.  My youngest child is 5.  That means we are nearly finished with those most important first 5 years of development that set the course for the rest of their lives.  That went fast.  I am glad God is in control and picks up for our inabilities and errors as parents.  I am re-evaluating what we are doing, what we need to change, improve on, etc.  I will keep praying for His intervention in their lives as we continue to do our best for them.

2.  Gay marriage.  It is heavy on my heart and mind.  I am struggling through many aspect of it.  I think it is more complex than a lot of people make it-on both sides of the issue.  It's a tough one for me.  That's all.

3.  Our role in our current transition.  We are leaving in 2 months.  The work here is not even close to "finished" or even at a good point to leave.  It is really just getting started.  That is hard.  What are we suppose to do with this?  What is our role and what does God want from us right now?  Praying a lot about this right now.

4.  Adoption.  Weird, huh.  Kind of not an option AT ALL right now.  But, keeps popping into my mind.  Maybe it has something to do with my youngest being 5.  Maybe it is seeing pictures of my sister's with their sweet babies and missing it.  Maybe it is just wanting to do more and give more of me and not knowing where to do that.

5.  Chad.  He is a complicated, wonderful man.  The last 2 years have been hard.  Really hard.  But, we are growing and learning and improving.  We will celebrate 13 year of marriage in July.  13 years!?  That, also, went fast.

6.  Holiness/being set apart/discipleship.  Why aren't more "Christians" living this way?  People are missing out on what God has for them.  It is time for revival in American churches.  It is time for Christians to step up, take their faith seriously and be truly changed.  I think it is coming.

No comments: