3.22.2006

Walks, Shoes, and Nicknames

Well- we did not make it to the zoo. Ella took a super long nap so we just walked around the neighborhood and then went to Walmart. She wears her sunglasses when we walk, it is so cute- she seems to like them. During our walk she spent most of her time leaning over and chewing on the stroller tray. Isn't it amazing how a few minutes outside makes you feel so good? I am so glad for warm weather- it is sooo good to be outside! On Monday I lost one of her Robee shoes at Walmart- I am totally bummed. I checked at lost and found but it was not there. She wore those little white sandals all the time. I was able to replace her little pink bunny slippers with the next size up- so she has those to wear. I have several pairs of shoes, but her feet are so small, they all fall off. Those Robee's were great! Maybe it will still be found. I have had several nick names for Ella. Does anyone else go through nickname phases? She has been sweet pea, doll, love and el. El is the latest- wonder what will be next?? She has been so fussy the last few nights from around 4:00 to bedtime. It drains me. I am so glad Chad comes home and entertains her so I can just fix dinner! Made it successfully through another South Beach day. I did have sugarfree fatfree chocolate pudding pie for dessert- we had company over- so I guess that is a little cheat, because I ate the crust. I did however abstain from the bread and potatoes served with dinner (salmon). Major feat for me! Tonight I am thankful for: 1. Pink bunny slippers 2. afternoon walks 3. an empty sink!

5 comments:

KarenK said...

I tried to comment last night but Blogger ate it.

Bummer about the Robeez. Did you know that they have fake ones at Target and sometimes Wal-Mart? Then it's not so painful to lose one. I seriously love those shoes.

I hear you on the withdrawal that comes with the diet. Day three had me wishing for a carb/sugar methadone clinic.

Amanda said...

I did buy some fake ones at Walmart- I am going to try them out today- they seem to be bigger- I do not know if they will stay on as well.

Sherry said...

We live for Robeez. You can also find cheap ones on Ebay...we're addicted. I've found brand new ones for Brek for $7.

Our nicknames for Brek---boog, doog, miss b, doogie, goose, luc (loose), there are a few more. My mom was the queen of nicknames for all of us, I think I've inherited it. I like El-it's cute

By the way, where in the world do you imagine to possibly lose weight? You look great!

brooke said...

I love El- you know my charlie was almost Eloise (nn of Elle) love the robeez. they are the only shoe for children under 1.

Kristen said...

Nicknames for my littlest one include: Bug, Boo, Liv, Liver-Diver (made up by hubby), Pookie-boo, Livi-Divi, Precious, Love, etc...

Nicknames for my oldest girl: Hayley-Bayley, Bug-a-boo, princess. We used to have more for her, but she is thinking she's too old for those silly names now.