We had a good weekend- spent time with friends and got some shelves built in the garage. I was successful over the weekend with my south beach. Made good choices at Red Robin and a local pizza joint. One more week to go of very restricted eating. I have lost 2 pounds- so it is working and I feel good.
Ella started making a really loud noise, in the back of her throat. It sounds like a dinasour call- not a pretty sound-but funny to see her discovering more of her voice. Chad spent Friday evening with her while I went to a movie with some other moms. He had fun with her. I gave her meat for the first time this weekend, salmon once and them turkey. She liked both- she eats really well off her highchair tray.
I went to the Dollar Store this weekend. LOVE IT. I get so much for my money- I need to frequent that store more. I always say that, but I really mean it. I suppose it could be a weekly outing for Ella and me. I bought some books and a ball for Ella and some other games for the kids I watch during the week. I watch three kids; A 4 year old girl two morning a week and then siblings, ages 2 and 5 1-2 days a week, so I have been building up my kid entertainment supply.
In sunday school we have been talking about grace, and in our small group sunday evenings we have been talking about loving and accepting people. It has been good. I really would like to be able to appreciate people more- always assuming the best and having more compassion for people. I just want to cut out the judgemental part of myself- but that is there too, for a reason. I suppose that , more than cutting it out, I would like it to be used in the way God intends it. He gave us the ability to discern and judge for a purpose. Like so many other things he gives us, we must learn how to use them in the way He intended. I just want to appreciate people in my life and appreciate who they are- with no expectation and without reviewing what they did or said in my head after I have been with them. Just enjoy the time and love people. Sounds easy enough- It is just such a lighter load to carry when I do not feel the need to notice everything wrong that people are doing or saying. WHO DO I THINK I AM?!?!!? Tonight I am thankful for: 1. Grace from our God 2. A kind husband 3. Quiet evenings
I am going to go to bed early. I am not much into Sunday night tv- Have a good week!
4 comments:
Not even Grey's Anatomy? Amanda, you're missing out!!
Amanda! I had a dream about you last night! I dreamed you were pregnant! Am I seeing the future?:)
I have to agree with Brooke, Grey's Anatomy is awesome! Check it out! :)
Bridgette
PS, I love all your posts! I need to read more often.
I may have to check out Grey's Anatomy. I am not pregnant, give us a few months- at least after July!
it would be fun if you were pregnant! all our babies could be close!!! I don't like any sun. TV either. I agree on the kind husbands...our in-laws did great. Movie night sounds fun, I may have to copy you on that=)
Post a Comment