4.01.2006

My Mom

My mom is coming this week! I am excited to have her here- and have been for the past week. I love when she comes- my dad and grandma are also coming toward the end of the week- so I am really looking forward to it. My parents live about 7 hours away from us. My mom calls and talks to Ella on the phone, sends her letters and packages. I am so glad that Ella has her. My mom is very happy and upbeat. She does not complain and puts others first- no matter how she feels. She was here for 3 weeks when I had Ella, which was so great. I had a c-section, unexpectedly, so having her that long was so helpful. I am so lucky to have her. She has a deep commitment to God and it shows in every area of her life. She likes people and shares in their joys and hurts. She is very thoughtful- one of the best gift-givers I know. She remembers if someone mentions that they want or need something. She sent a card when my cat got run over and when my elderly friend died and when a foster child on my case load drown. She sends me letters filled with newspaper clipping, marriage and birth announcements and other interesting articles. My grandma used to do that too before she died. My mom has never put pressure on me or made life more difficult for me. She has always been a positive, supportive presence. y mom is practical. My mom likes to cook for people, and she is a great cook. She made a hot breakfast for Chad every morning that she was here for those three weeks, and he left before 6 each day. She taught me how to cook, how to keep a house and demonstrated how to be respectful wife. When I clean, cook, take care of Ella- I see the way my mom did it. I see my mom in me-in my actions and I am so glad to be following in her steps. I love my mom- and I am so glad she is coming.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

I love your mom. She is the greatest. You are so blessed to have such a thoughtful mama. She is easily seen in you. There's nothing like a great mama. I miss mine!

Diane Viere said...

It sounds like you have a great mom...who inspired you to be a great mom. I LOVE when that happens!

Enjoy the visit!

Diane

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to need our moms and know that they are just there without complaint (in fact with pleasure).