6.27.2006

Marriage, Weather and, who else? Ella!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. Chad and I went to a movie and dinner on Sunday night-we skipped our small group and went out while Ella stayed with her Cousins and played in a little pool. IT was nice to go out, we had not done that since April- too long. We seem to be back on track, things feel lighter which is nice. Chad can be so funny, and I like it when we are in a place where he is joking around and being goofy-which he is. We just came in the house tonight from mowing the lawn and pulling weeds. It was so hot today that we waited until 9:00pm to go outside. It is still warm, but it is such a difference not have the direct sunlight. I walked this morning around 10:00am, and was so sweaty when I got back. I may have to start walking really early, before Ella wakes up-probably not going to happen though. I'll just have to drink lots of water and wear breathable clothes! The heat does not seem to phase Ella on our walks. She does so well, just watching the scenery and making comments along the way. Today I got down in the floor with her to play, and she just crawled away, happy to do her own thing. Sometimes I feel guilty for not playing with her any chance I can, but she really is fine playing alone, and I think it is good that she can do that. It is so fun to be with her though when she is interacting and I love it when she find me and pulls herself up on my leg. When she does that I stop what I am doing and be with her. It has been nearly a year that we have had her. I was finishing up my last week of work this time last year. Seems like a long time ago. I am SO glad to be here. It has been a great year. Tonight I am thankful for: 1. Soft carpet 2. Baby swimsuits 3. New pajamas

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I hope it cools off before next week! It's been a bit cooler here, which is a blessing. The heat doesn't phase Ella because Mommy's doing all the work! I used to walk really early while everyone was still in bed, but not until they were older.

See you soon!