9.06.2006
Catching up
I had intended to write last week several times and never got to it. We spent the weekend in the mountains with my parents and sisters and their husbands. I had a good time. I got caught up on my scrapbooks, which was great. We went on a hike Saturday afternoon, which I really liked too. Ella did great, until we got home. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection, so that is being treated. It took her 50 minutes to decide to fall asleep this morning for her nap. She did not nap yesterday and I felt like I needed to press the issue and make her sleep today. She slept all night and has been happy this morning, so I do not think it was out of pain, I think she was just not wanting to sleep. Anyway- she is sleeping now- hopefully her afternoon nap will come easier. I hate making those parenting calls. I have decided though, that I need to make my mind up in each situation, and stick to it- Trusting my judgment as her mom. It feels bad though, listening to a child cry for so long. I went in every ten minutes, kissed her forehead and told her night night. Anyway- I feel like I did the right thing. I am watching kids everyday this week, so things are busy. I did get out with a friend last night for a dinner at Olive Garden and a movie, The Devil Wears Prada. It was fun, and great after a long day. Tomorrow night we have a parenting class to go to that will be fun and Thursday night SURVIVOR starts, so I have things to look forward to each evening. That's about it! I'll have pics from the weekend as soon as I can get them developed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you are doing good. Make sure to take time for yourself and just eat something yummy and have a break in the middle of the day. You don't want to wear yourself out.
I'm wondering if maybe Ella is trying to drop one of her naps. I know that by the time my girls were her age, they were down to one nap a day, then eventually they all go away....I miss the days of naps.
Ear infections are awful. H used to get them all the time. I hope she's feeling better!
Hi, Amanda - hope Ella's feeling better! Kristen's trying to get 125 comments on her 125th post. Can you pop over there and help her out? Thanks!
Post a Comment