9.03.2006

Sunday night

It has been a busy day! I taught pre-school at church this morning and this afternoon we had a sunday school pool party that I coordinated, so we did not have much down time. Ella is not feeling well, I don't know if it is her teeth, a cold, or both. She is stuffy and irritable. Last night she woke up a lot in the night fussing, which is very unlike her- we'll see how tonight goes. She had fun playing in the pool. She does great in the water and is not afraid. She was even putting her face in the water this afternoon by herself. That did not help with the runny nose! I do not have any kids to watch tomorrow- and I am looking forward to that. I am really busy with kids for the next two weeks, only one day off after tomorrow until the middle of the month. The extra income will be helpful. I will needing to plan a night out or something. Hopefully next week I can have a night with some girlfriends. Chad is at a fantasy football draft tonight-he'll be home most of the day tomorrow so I may at least get to the grocery store alone and maybe get a coffee or something. It's 9:00 and I think I am going to go to bed. I cleaned the kitchen thoroughly tonight; That is always nice to wake up to. I am content and satisfied tonight. God is good-even in the ordinary. It's good to know that He sees and cares about what is going on in my life. He loves me deeply-despite what anyone else thinks about who I am or what I do. When or if no one else notices or cares, He does. My life and my choices matter to Him. How blessed we are to matter to our God.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Have a wonderful holiday! You won't have kiddoes on the week-ends, will you? Hope not!

I don't do thorough cleaning much any more - Dwight has started noticing! He does more than I do, bless his heart. Wish I had more energy. Or maybe I should read fewer blogs!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that even though there are days you don't really seem to have anyone to talk to that you can always talk to God - even when you are just telling Him about your ordinary day? I love that.

Totally know what you mean about a clean kitchen too. It is nice to wake up to a clean kitchen, especially when it's accompanied by a great cup of coffee!