These are pictures taken while in the mountains with my family.

Ella, in the dirt- where else would you expect her??

On a hike with everyone! For those of you who may not know, these are my sisters, their husbands and my mom. Ella is on Chad's back. She LOVES that thing!
Anyway- Ella has got another cold. She is stuffy. She got two new teeth this week-so her body must be focusing on getting those in! Chad is out tonight for a guys night out with our Sunday school class, so I have the house to myself. Somebody outside keeps starting and stopping a motorcycle and there is a group of teenage girls that keep walking around the neighborhood. They rang the doorbell once, but walked away before I got there. They are a typical group of teenage girls, giggly and loud. Weird night around here.
I bought some new jeans and shirts this week to accomodate my growing tummy. While I was out, alone, I stopped at Starbucks. In front of and behind me were girls, dressed nicely-talking business. They were confident, attractive and professional. It made me remember being in the world of professionals- and made me feel a bit insecure or insignificant. Then I thought " I can still do that." Just because I am not currently dressing nicely, and am not talking about strategies, office politics, ethics or best practice doesn't mean that I can't. I could still keep up, participate and contribute if I were back in that setting. I still have a lot to offer in my profession, and will have even more to offer after the next few years of "real life experience", however long that may be. I felt good leaving, in my t-shirt, flip-flops and comfy pants, off to see a friend's newly finished nursery- so glad to be where I am in my life. I have lived such a full life so far, and been able to experience so many good things. I never want to be caught dwelling on the future or past for too long, before realizing and appreciating where I am currently living, and remember what past dreams are being fulfilled in these very moments. It was a great moment of reassurance and affirmation for me. I am still on track, doing what I need to be doing. This path is blessed.
4 comments:
Yes, it is a good place to be.
When I'm in those situations I remind myself, "Hey, I'm doing what I want to do because I choose it. I'm exactly where I want to be."
Good thoughts! I remember when I went to work for the school cafeteria, specifically because I wanted a little money and to be home when the kids where. People were always asking me why I was working there when I could type 95 words per minutes. I told them because it was where I wanted to be at that time in my life. And it led to other things as time went on. Enjoy every minute!
Yes, you are right to always remember how blessed we are. There are so many people who have it so bad and when I complain about the small things I try to stop and refocus on what is really important. Thanks for the reminder. Oh, are you guys going to find out what you are having? Email me jrksparkman@comcast.net
You couldn't have said it better.
Thanks!
By the way, I love that you let Ella play in the dirt and just completely enjoy being outside and up in the mountains. Those will be great memories for her - and you!
Post a Comment