10.06.2006
Fall
October is my favorite month. I neve considered it, until a women I knew talked about her love of October. Her name was Bernice. I met her in college and knew her the last few years of her life. She died at age 98 and lived alone until then. I spent Saturday mornings at her house. Anyway, she always talked about how she loved October when it came around and I grew to appreciate the month as she did. The weather is great, the scenery is beautiful and it is a time we gear up for the busy holidays. Fall is a great time of year. I love fall decorating and the candle scents that are available this time of year. I love to bake and have the whole house smell like something yummy. I like the crisp air, cool mornings and evenings and warm days. The trees and bushes are SO pretty.
Thanks for all the great name comments! Still mulling it over. Chad doesn't understand my concern with it so early, but I know you all do! We had plans to go out tonight, Chad's boss gave him a gift certificate to Fridays. We were going to take Ella, but this morning my friend Jana called and said, "I can watch Ella tonight if you and Chad want to go out." She is a great friend. So, Ella will stay with her and her two girls, ages 2 and 4, and have a blast. We will go out with friends and enjoy not having a highchair and baby with us!
Ella is officially down to one nap. She has been taking a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and does great the rest of the day. This morning her favorite toys were two highlighters and a film box. She put them in and then out. Over and over. Apparently, great fun.
Karen- I need to pull my bassinet out and look at it again. I will let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment