2 hours 27 minutes was my official time. I was hoping to get in under 3 hours and run the entire time, which I did, so I met both my goals! I borrowed this picture from Joy. I am waiting on pictures from my family, who had cameras there for picture taking. I'll post more when I have them-
Jimmy was first to finish- out of EVERYONE RUNNING- and Shannon was THIRD. Not just those pictured above, but ALL 300+ people running that day. AMAZING. They are great inspirations and encourager's and even stayed around an extra hour plus after they crossed the finish line to cheer us all through!
Today we are hobbling around a bit, but overall feeling good. The most annoying thing is that one of the seams in the front of my bra rubbed a raw spot in the center of my chest.
I definitely would like to do it again next year, and even try to do at least one more in between.
Ella and Thomas were well cared for by Grammie and Poppa while we ran. This is an attempt to get a picture of them wearing the Halloween shirts my mom brought them-
sillies--
9 comments:
Ouch. The bra thing totally reminded me of an episode of The Office. The one with Andy having to tape his chest.
Congrats to Jimmy and Shannon.
Ellas faces and gestures are so funny.
I am so proud of all you guys.
Adorable pictures. Your kids are amazing at making faces.
Nice work on the marathon! You did amazing!
Had to chuckle at the kids pics...I totally know how that goes. :-)
And YAY FOR YOU!!!! YOU DID IT! :-) Isn't it a wonderful feeling to have accomplished something like that? That is a great time too! :-) As for the bra thing, I had some rubbing problem while training, it made a really raw line that really hurt, and I figured out it was because my bra was part cotton--I guess if its not cotton, its less likely to rub, for future reference. :-) I'm excited for you Amanda! Yay!!
Great job!! And hilarious pictures of the kids!!
Wow! What an accomplishment! Good for you guys!
so impressed-not a bit surprised about Jimmy and Shannon winning-good for them. Love the pictures of the kids too. I'd say this age is pretty much my favorite so far-I love the communication b/w them.
Congratulations!!
Ella is quite the little ham!
YOU DID IT!!!! Nice time too:)
That is one of the many pitfalls of running - until you run for a good length of time you never know what your running gear is going to do to you. I wore the wrong shirt once and rubbed the skin right off my collar bones - not pleasant.
Congrats to both of you! Hopefully the soreness is gone by tomorrow:)
Ok, I know this was a couple of weeks ago, but I just wanted you to know...You have inspired me! Great job with all of the training it takes to get to the point of running that far! I just started a training program on monday, but I'm still looking for my first half marathon to run with ambitions of hitting up the Seattle Marathon NEXT December, wanna come?!?! hehe!
Post a Comment