We spent a little of each day canning- this is my stash, Donna took some home too! It was fun and productive. Pears, peaches, tomatoes and pear and raspberry jam. I made plum jam after everyone left, and have 1 more batch of pear to do. Then I am done.
Donna and Ella
Dad peeling and slicing peaches
Michael scalding
Donna, Mom and Me
Donna took the first brownie!
My sweet kiddos ready for church-
"rest" time
Waiting for the big parade in town with Halle-
Thomas wore his superhero towel--we decided I needed to get my sewing machine out and make him some suitable capes.
We went fishing Sunday afternoon and had hotdogs over the fire. My dad is the only one who caught anything!
When it is all said and done, Thomas always "caught big fishhhh!" even if all he caught was weeds.
Fun weekend. Donna, Chad and I got a big run in Saturday morning too- which was nice. Michael dropped us 10 miles north and we ran back home for breakfast!
I love my family.
4 comments:
I love the site of colorful jars full of food. They're so pretty.
I adore Ella's Sunday dress. It's darling. I know I say this all the time, but I cannot believe how much they are growing up.
You are blessed.
great pics. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. You do have a great family!
The picture of Ella and your dad is simply a priceless memory, it's easy to see what a wonderful family you have.
Post a Comment