What a blessing to have Loren and Vicki here with us in Peru last week! They were here with a group from their church helping with Love Extreme. We saw them on and off through the week and then got to spend a few evenings together, as well Monday morning.
Thomas and Ella picked up purple flowers that had fallen from a tree. Grandma gave them both a kleenex to keep them in- Thomas kept his "grasshopper" and Ella kept her"babies" for the rest of the morning!
We ate at a great pizza place while they were here- Thomas enjoyed his pizza!
Ella and Thomas showed them how to feed the pigeons
A little snack-
I am so glad they have each other!
Ella asked Vicki why she had to leave, "What if I need you tomorrow?" she said. We were all wiping our eyes.
I am really homesick. There is no other way to describe it. I just miss everything.
I doubt myself daily, and am battling to live in the truth that God has a specific plan and purpose for me and that my value and worth is in Him alone. I fall into comparing myself, seeing what others are doing that I am not, seeing how God is using others, and not me. This is hard being here. I am not complaining-we asked to be here and I still want to be here. I want God to use me and there is still no doubt that Peru is where he wants me. The knowledge of that give me peace, but does not take away the saddness (and Mom guilt) of all that we left behind- for at least 27 months.
So- that is where we are in this process. In all of this, God continues to be near and ever faithful. When we take the time to look for how he is moving in our lives, we are blessed and refreshed. Teams were in Puno last week, and Chad and I were both so encouraged by their reports. We want to get up there!
Pray that we will be strong and wise. Pray that our hearts and minds will be daily focused on God and that we will intentionally choose to be obedient to His will in all we do.
9 comments:
The kids have changed so much since the last time I saw them. Thomas' hair looks like it is getting lighter. He and Ella look so much taller.
We will continue praying for you. Think of you often.
John 14:27 (New International Version). "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Blessings. You're missed here too. It's OK.
1 Corinthians 2:9.
Hard to trust when you're feeling down, but cling to His promises.
We miss you and are grateful for your ministry and obedience, (but are also counting down the 27 months...)
The Lord works on his own time, be patcient, he will reveal his plan for you. I am sure it will be something amasing. God bless all of you.
We miss you too. So, so much. I found a picture on my phone of T making his "mad guy" face, and I missed you. I was cleaning up toys and found a beanie baby kitten (and thought it was Ella's for a minute) and missed you. I wore your brown wedding sandals the other day...and missed you. Pray for you all the time.
Somehow I'm 3 posts behind, but now am caught up. The food looks good -
It's great that V&L got to be there and you got to spend some quality time. I know it's hard on Vicki especially when she comes back from being with you.
You are doing great, but I can only imagine how the waves of homesickness must hit every once in awhile. I know you'll be okay, because you have had the assurance that you are in the center of God's will! We prayed for you at choir practice last night.
Love you A!! Reading you from Alaska and thinking of you often.....I'm going to snag lots of free Starbucks samples for you....
Amanda - everyone has a process, each is unique- so is your purpose and role there. Don't feel rushed. Get comfortable. Take your time to venture out and adjust and find the things you individually love, and the ways your unique talents can be used. Sometimes just doing what comes naturally will help reveal where your true passions are. If it's with women, great...children, good... with helping others adjust as well..awesome... with setting up a micro business for women who sew/weave...amazing. you will find something and your role/purpose will be revealed. Don't have mom-guilt. This experience is invaluable for the children. Being bilingual alone will set up the kids for a future will countless possibilities that we can't even imagine. A parent's role is not to give their kids the easiest most privileged life- it is to raise their children to be amazing adults that act awesomely in the world. You and Chad being in Peru now is one of the most fortifying parental decisions you all could have made. Find your footing, feel affirmed, look at Peru with eyes open to the possibilities of what it means for you and Chad as well as E and T. Who knows- maybe you guys will go to Argentina from here, or Dominican or back to the States and knowing Spanish and having these experiences will open doors you never thought possible. Don't be discouraged. Watch a movie, eat some fast food, feel the comfort, regain strength and courage and get out there into that new place and experience it. Your beach pictures look amazing! I hope you all are feeling better and revived. You can be used, you have a role to play as well.
Relying on God's power and such can be really depressing when you don't feel it. Relying on his purpose and destiny for you can be disabling when you can't see it. Loads of folks have fled a scene on these things alone.
beyond the God-verbage of what may keep you motivated on your 'purpose' ... what jessica said >>you are doing for your kids right now what I can only wish in a million years to do for my kids.
well done! you all are amazing. don't rely on your feelings to back that up. just know it, and listen to more of "The Weather Inside", .....
Post a Comment