8.28.2012

Random Observations

1.  We are wearing significantly less clothing and tan lines are appearing on shoulders, thighs and tops of feet from sandals.

2.  Ella has major reactions (physical and emotional) to mosquito bites.

3.  There are too many choices at the grocery store.

4.  There are many more options for natural/organic eating here than there were 2 years ago.

5.  God is doing great things in the lives of His people in the States, just like He is doing in Peru.  He cares personally for ALL his children and meets us all right where we are.

6.  My family is no different than any other family seeking after God.  We have just been living in a different country for 2 years.  It doesn't matter where you live or what your "title" is.  Because we have been missionaries, does not mean we are "living life" better.  I am encouraged and challenged by how I see friends and family living.

7.  Sometimes I don't know what to say to people.  I know that others feel the same toward me.  I am grateful for those who make the effort and are gracious with me.

8.  Sundays used to be hard days for me in Peru, they have been the hardest days for me since we've returned.  Didn't expect that-

9.  It is nice to be greeted and to greet others when you come into their presence.

10.  The scenery changes, the problems do not.  The personal and family struggles we had in Peru, are the personal and family struggles we have in America.

11.  God never fails to provide for His children.

1 comment:

Rhoni said...

I'm curious - why are Sundays hard for you? You might have talked about it in an earlier post that I'm forgetting!